THE HOMEWARD NORFOLK PROGRAM OPENS DOORS FOR FIRST TIME HOMEBUYERS IN THE INGLESIDE, MONTICELLO VILLAGE AND OAKDALE FARMS NEIGHBORHOODS!
Click here to learn more and contact NRHA today (757) 314-4202!
Community Resource Guides
- Clothing, Education & Training, Employment, Food, and Housing Assistance
- Healthcare and Support Groups
- Government Resources, ID Services, Referral, and Transportation Assistance
- Different Abilities, Immigration, Senior and Military / Veterans Services
- Re-Entry and Legal Resources
- Parent Resources
Rental Assistance Programs: The organizations listed below have programs available to help with rental assistance if you are having trouble paying rent due to loss of income from COVID-19.
- Resources 757: provides information about rent and utility assistance that might be available due to loss of income from COVID-19. Please visit their website here or contact Housing Crisis Hotline at (757) 587-4202.
Eviction Prevention Resource Clinic: Neighborhood Services Eviction Prevention Resources provides information to apply for rent, utility, and relief assistance, answer legal questions regarding Virginia's housing laws. For more information, please visit their website here.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program
For the latest updates on WIC, how to get in contact with staff or register for the program, please text “WIC” to 757-828-6672, call 757-683-2593, or visit the website.
Adults and Families
- Meals on Wheels (Seniors): please contact the resource specialist at (757) 461-9481.
- St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen: Carry out from 12:15 pm-1:30 pm on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- St. Mary’s Healthy Food Pantry Program: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:30 am – 12 pm *If you are a Tidewater Gardens resident, please contact People First-USI if you need assistance picking up food from St. Mary’s. 757-390-4365.
- Norfolk Grocery Runs: coordinates and delivers groceries to the elderly and those with underlying health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, lung, heart, and liver disease. Individuals looking for help can call 757-598-1480, CoronaAid757@gmail.com, or visit bitly.com/coronoaaid757 to fill out a form. Transactions will be digital (Venmo, PayPal, CashApp paid directly to the errand runner for reimbursement), and the delivery drop-offs will be at the door with no physical interaction.
- #LoveYourNeighbor514: serves the elderly, autoimmune, homebound, and shut-ins in our communities around Norfolk and is partnered with the Next-Door app’s Shopping for Neighbors program. Contact 757-447-2755 or visit here.
Disaster Distress Hotline: 1-800-985-5990 Hours: 24/7
SAMHSA National Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 Hours: 24/7
Norfolk Community Services Board Warm Line: 757-664-6683 Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
American Red Cross: Psychological First Aid: Supporting Yourself and Others During COVID-19
To access free and low-cost therapy and mental health care at home: please visit here.
Hampton Roads Workforce Council: assists in finding jobs and helping unemployed or furloughed. Please contact their Norfolk office at 757-461-7537.
Department of Human Services programs (SNAP, TANF, Energy Assistance, Senior Real Estate Tax Relief, Emergency Water Assistance, General Relief Burial, Unattached Child, and Child Care): to submit required documentation, please mail or drop off the documents from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Norfolk Department of Human Services, Workforce Development Center, 201 E. Little Creek Road, Norfolk VA 23505.
HOPES: provides sustainable healthcare services to underserved Hampton roads and residents while promoting a unique learning experience for members of the EVMS community. For more information, please visit their website here or contact them at 757-446-0366.
American Red Cross provides information on disaster preparedness during COVID-19. For more information, please visit their website here.
United Way of South Hampton Roads: connects individuals to access resources including housing, utility assistance, food, and mental health counseling. For more information, please visit their website here or contact them at (757) 853-8500.