Trash & Recycling
Bulk Waste Collection
Bulk waste must be called in to 757-664-6510, submitted via email, or entered online by 3 p.m. the day prior to collection.
This is a Citizen Services Portal request (Request Bulk Waste).
Curbside Recycling Schedule
Collection occurs every other week on the same day as trash collection.
Review the Curbside Recycling / Trash Collection Schedule.
Review the following garbage collection tips:
- Cart lids should be closed
- Household trash, recycling, bulk waste, yard waste and tires are all collected at the curb
- Items may be taken to the curb beginning at 5 p.m. the day before collection and no later than 7 a.m. the day of collection
- Place carts six feet from vehicles, poles and other obstructions
- Place carts so that the bar faces the street and wheels face the residence
- Collection of non-commercial sized tires shall be limited to four (4) tires per collection day and twelve (12) tires per year.
- Yard waste is collected on the same day as regular trash collection
Review the Street Sweeping Calendar.
Know when your neighborhood is swept.
Request an additional trash can or trash can repair, this is a Citizen Services Portal request (Request Additional Waste Container/Container).
The City of Norfolk provides quality, comprehensive and environmentally sound waste management services.