Norfolk Waste Management
Out of an abundance of caution, the Department of Public Works’ Division of Waste Management has modified it
s services in response to COVID-19:
Waste Management crews retrofitted trucks and revised collection methods which allow employees to ride together and safely collect yard and bulk waste.
- Yard waste collection will be picked up on the resident’s normal collection date. For more than 20 bags, residents must schedule a bulk waste pickup.
- The initial bulk waste schedule will be modified, and collections limited. Pickup could be delayed.
- Residents must schedule all bulk waste pickups using the MyNorfolk online portal, mobile app or call Norfolk Cares at 664-6510. Collection will take place on the resident’s normal trash collection day.
- Any scheduled pickups not collected, will be picked up the following week. If possible, remove items from the curb that were not collected.
- Residents who set out bulk waste that has not been scheduled may receive a Notice of Violation.
SPSA has reinstated regular RESIDENTIAL WEEKEND HOURS at the Norfolk Transfer Station. The Norfolk Transfer Station is open for residents Tuesdays and Saturdays from 12:00pm - 4:00pm. Location: Norfolk Transfer Station, 3136 Woodland Avenue Norfolk, VA 23504. Residents dropping off bulk items are asked to observe social distancing guidelines at the transfer stations.