Out of an abundance of caution, the Department of Public Works’ Waste Management Division has modified it’s services, in response to COVID-19:
Will my trash be picked up during the closure?
- Yes, trash pick-up will continue. Please help our refuse collectors stay safe by not overflowing your container. For their safety, drivers are asked to stay in their vehicles. If your trash collection is missed, submit the information through the MyNorfolk app (available on the App Store or Google Play).
What about bulk waste pick-up?
- Waste Management is providing critical services. Bulk and yard waste pick-up is suspended until further notice. Bulk waste requests submitted between March 30th - April 13th will be canceled and must be rescheduled when City operations return to normal. Please continue to regularly check the City of Norfolk’s social media for updates regarding operations. Thank you for your patience!
Make a Request
- Request an additional container or container repair.
- Citizens may come to the Waste Management facility located at 1176 Pineridge Road between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to pick-up/exchange containers. After ringing the doorbell, they will be greeted at the front door by a Waste Management employee wearing latex gloves. The citizen will wait outside under a covered entrance while staff print out the work order and take a photocopy of the resident’s driver’s license. Staff will return the license to the resident and direct them to drive around to the back of the Admin building where they will be met by another WM employee at which time the container serial number will be recorded and the resident will sign the work order. Resident should call 441-1176 to confirm a pick up time, as the Admin office is operating with minimal staff.
- Request a bulk waste collection (request must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on the day before collection).