Out of an abundance of caution, the Department of Public Works’ Division of Waste Management has modified it
s services in response to COVID-19:
Waste Management crews retrofitted trucks and revised collection methods which allow employees to ride together and safely collect yard and bulk waste.
- Yard waste collection will be picked up on the resident’s normal collection date. For more than 20 bags, residents must schedule a bulk waste pickup.
- The initial bulk waste schedule will be modified, and collections limited. Pickup could be delayed.
- Residents must schedule all bulk waste pickups using the MyNorfolk online portal, mobile app or call Norfolk Cares at 664-6510. Collection will take place on the resident’s normal trash collection day.
- Any scheduled pickups not collected, will be picked up the following week. If possible, remove items from the curb that were not collected.
- Residents who set out bulk waste that has not been scheduled may receive a Notice of Violation.
SPSA has reinstated regular RESIDENTIAL WEEKEND HOURS at the Norfolk Transfer Station. The Norfolk Transfer Station is open for residents Tuesdays and Saturdays from 12:00pm - 4:00pm. Location: Norfolk Transfer Station, 3136 Woodland Avenue Norfolk, VA 23504. Residents dropping off bulk items are asked to observe social distancing guidelines at the transfer stations.
Make a Request
- Request an additional container or container repair.
- Out of an abundance of caution, Waste Management has modified its refuse container delivery services in response to COVID-19. Staff is working as quickly as possible to meet residents’ requests. Please expect container delivery delays up to two weeks. Containers can also be picked up from the Waste Management facility (1176 Pineridge Road), Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please ring the doorbell to be met at the front door. A valid driver’s license will be required before a container will be issued. Residents are asked to wear a mask.
- Request a bulk waste collection(request must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on the day before collection).
- All service issues must be reported within 24 hours, following collection day.