While our customer service lobby remains closed, we are still available to serve you. Click-through the bill payment options tabs for resources.
Didn’t find what you need? You can reach an account representative at 757-664-6700. You may experience longer than usual wait times. If you don’t wish to hold, feel free to email your questions or requests to email@example.com. We will respond to all inquiries within two business days.
To report a water main break or sewer backup, call 757-823-1000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Approved Product Listing for Bids
- AskHRGreen.org - For a cleaner, greener Norfolk
- Bid Postings
- Boat Permits
- Call Before You Dig
- Community Connections
- Construction Details for Bids
- Construction - Community Improvement Projects
- Contact Us
- Cross Connection
- Design and Construction Standards
- Fight the Fat! Fats, oils, and grease (FOG) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Fishing Maps
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD)
- History of Norfolk Department of Utilities
- Lake Star Homes (LSH)
- Miss Utilities - Call Before You Dig 1-800-552-7001
- Norfolk Modifications to 5th Edition of HRPDC
- Payment Assistance Programs - Norfolk Emergency Utility (Water) Payment Program or ShareH2O
- Reservoir Elevations
- Shoreline Protection
- Trash and Recycling
- Water Quality Report
- Water Testing
- Watershed Protection @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
HRUBS Payment Options
- Dropbox - Convenient dropbox "fire hydrants" are located outside of City facilities. Only checks and money orders are accepted at the drop boxes. No cash, please. All payments deposited at a dropbox prior to noon on a business day will be posted that day. Payments deposited afternoon will be posted the next business day. Click here for a complete listing of locations.
- Mail - Send to HRUBS P. O. Box 71092 Charlotte, NC 28272-1092. Checks and money orders are accepted through the mail. No cash, please. Be sure to include your payment stub and write your account number on your check or money order.
- Online - Go to the HRSD website and follow the instructions to enter payment information. You may register for frequent online payments or make a one-time payment.
- Phone - Dial 1-844-257-6063 to make a payment. You may use a checking or savings account; debit or ATM card; or any Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card. You will need your HRUBS account. Please be prepared to record the confirmation number.
For Watermain Breaks and Sewer Overflows Call 757-823-1000
(Non-emergencies call 757-664-6700)
Speak to a live operator 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Utilities repair teams are on call 24/7 to respond to water and wastewater emergencies.
If you detect the following, please call us first:
- Inability to flush toilets
- Gray water coming from the clean-out box
- Gray water in the street with an odor
- Pavement cave in with gray water
- Strong odor coming from a wastewater pump station
- Water main breaks
- Water leaks
- Low water pressure
- Rusty water
- Odors in your water
Before you call a plumber, read more about how we can help.