A business license renewal in the City of Norfolk is based upon your prior year's total gross receipts.
- Business licenses are valid January 1st through December 31st of any given year.
- Filing of your gross receipts and payments are due March 1st of the current filing year.
- Renewal applications will be mailed to the mailing address on file.
- Renewal applications will be mailed no later than December 31st for the next filing year.
- View a printable Business License Renewal Application.
- There are multiple payment options:
- Visit the ESERVICES CUSTOMER PORTAL to file and pay your business license using credit/debit cards, e-checks or PayPal. We understand that our users may use a variety of Internet Browsers. In order to provide you with the best online experience possible, we recommend using Google Chrome when you access the portal. BEFORE YOU FILE FOR YOUR RENEWAL PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO DELINQUENT TAXES OF ANY KIND OR THE CITY TREASURER WILL WITHHOLD YOUR LICENSE.
- If you need assistance navigating the Eservices Customer Portal please click this link for step by step instructions.
- Pay by Regular Mail
- Make checks payable to:
NORFOLK CITY TREASURER
- Filing and Payment should be mailed to the following address:
Norfolk Commissioner of the Revenue
P.O. Box 2260
Norfolk, VA 23501
Business Licenses will be mailed within two weeks of receipt of payment unless the City Treasurer withholds it for other delinquent taxes or fees.
If your business has closed please click on the following link to complete the Notice of Business Closure Form.