Child & Adolescent
The Norfolk Community Services Board’s (NCSB) Child and Adolescent Services are an important resource for families in the City of Norfolk. The goal is to enhance the lives of children, adolescents and their families by providing strength based clinical services and engaging in partnership with the youth and their guardian.
Our Child and Adolescent Services are provided with a wrap around, holistic approach. Each youth, and their family, will have an initial meeting with a licensed mental health professional to determine the appropriate package of services which may include:
- Case Management
- Family Therapy
- Forensic and Restoration Services
- Group Therapy
- Intensive Care Coordination
- Medication Management
- Outpatient Therapy
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psycho-educational Groups
Our services are provided in partnership with you! The youth, the parent/guardian, and the CSB staff all create one team to help support the him/her and their family.
An initial intake assessment is completed by a licensed mental health professional to determine eligibility for services. Please call to schedule your child’s intake session. Plan to spend at least 90 minutes completing intake. Legal guardian and child must both be present. You can also refer to the Admissions / Intake tab for additional information.
What You Need to Bring
- DMV picture identification (parent/guardian)
- Child’s Medicaid/insurance card
- Proof of Norfolk residency (utility bill or two pieces of business mail)
- Documented proof of income
- Any information that you have regarding your child’s needs such as School IEP or other school reports, psychological evaluations, reports from previous treatment providers, etc.
Children, Teens and Young Adults (Ages 3 through 21)
Robinhood Road Facility
5505 Robinhood Rd., Suite C-1
Norfolk, VA 23513