Re-Entry Council Subcommittees
Community Involvement Committee
The Community Involvement Committee (CIC) focuses on strengthening partnerships with faith-based organizations and collaborates on initiatives that will enhance our community. The goal is to utilize the unique network of churches and non-profit community organizations to address the needs of returning citizens.
3rd Monday every month at 10 a.m.
Hampton Roads Re-Entry Employment Committee
The Hampton Roads Re-Entry Employment Committee (HRREC) identifies and promotes strategies that assist people with criminal backgrounds to gain and maintain employment. It also:
- Develops partnerships
- Develops ways to implement innovative strategies
- Identifies and promotes best practices
- Sponsors training and job fairs
- Utilizes and shares respected publications
3rd Tuesday every month at 9 a.m.
Juvenile Re-Entry Committee
The Juvenile Re-Entry Committee brings people together to strengthen, collaborate and address issues with our youth. Our goal is to prevent juvenile justice involvement by increasing parental participation, strengthening families and communities, increasing awareness of services and developing strategies to reduce recidivism.
2nd Tuesday of every month at 9:30 a.m.
The Planning Committee is responsible for the strategic planning of the Norfolk Reentry Council. This group is tasked with developing the mission, vision and goals, identifying long-term strategies and organizing major events such as topical Town Hall Meetings and a statewide Re-entry Collaboration Summit.
- Clothing, Education & Training, Employment, Food and Housing Assistance Guide Book
- Government Resources, ID Services, Referral and Transportation Assistance Guide Book
- Health Care and Support Groups Guide Book
- Immigration, Senior and Military/Veterans Services Guide Book
- Re-Entry and Legal Resources Guide Book