Integrated Care Clinic
The Integrated Care Clinic (I-Care) is an integrated psychiatric outpatient clinic that provides comprehensive care within one community-based setting. All services are provided by an interdisciplinary team of licensed physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, and support staff.
Psychiatric and general medical illnesses are addressed in an integrated and coordinated treatment plan via our collaboration with the co-located Little Creek Family Medical Center. At the core of this clinical approach is team-based care that provides care management and supports individuals in their self-management goals. Individuals with co-occurring psychiatric and chronic medical conditions will achieve improved physical health and quality of life.
About the Program
The I-Care Clinic follows the principles of patient-centered care, including:
- Physician-directed medical practice
- Whole-person orientation including care for all life stages
- Care integration throughout the healthcare system
- Efficient use of information technology
- Methods to enhance access to care
Also included is a Wellness Management and Recovery program where individuals set appropriate goals for themselves and develop personal support systems to improve self-management of specific conditions. Additional services including peer supports, on-site phlebotomy, and a limited array of on-site laboratory testing. Psychiatric treatment is limited to pharmacotherapy with supportive psychotherapy.
Outside of normal business hours, patients are referred to Emergency Services for assistance. Visit the Emergency Services webpage.
The services provided within the I-Care Clinic are as follows:
- Psychiatric evaluations and outpatient treatment, including pharmacotherapy and supportive psychotherapy
- Nursing services including medication delivery, vital sign determinations, Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) testing, health monitoring, patient education, and administration of intramuscular injections
- Integrated Care Clinic care coordination (medication-only services) for a small number of patients who only require outpatient psychiatric services and have resolved all other treatment goals and objectives
- On-site phlebotomy and limited on-site CLIA-waived laboratory testing
- Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) administration (TB skin test) for Norfolk CSB employees
Little Creek Family Medical Center
After months of planning and preparation, the Little Creek Family Medical Center is open for business at our site.
The CSB’s previous SAMHSA Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration grant proved integrating Mental Health and Primary Care services improves the longevity and quality of life for individuals with severe mental illness. We look forward to our continuing partnership and shared mission to deliver quality care while improving the lives of our patients.
Little Creek Family Medical Center staff include a Board-Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, a Board-Certified Family Medicine physician, and nursing and support staff.