Infant & Toddler Connection of Norfolk
The Infant & Toddler Connection of Norfolk (ITCN) is a part of Virginia's Early Intervention system, called the Infant & Toddler Connection. We provide supports and services for families and their children, birth to three who have special needs. Research shows that this time period is critical. It offers a window of opportunity to make a positive difference in how a child develops and learns. Our services assist families and caregivers to enhance their child's learning and development through everyday learning opportunities.
- Infants and toddlers learn best through everyday experiences and interactions with people who are close to them, and in the places they regularly spend time.
- The parent/family/caregiver is the child's best teacher. All families have the ability to enhance their children's learning and development.
- Every family's needs are different and every child is unique. Services and goals must be individualized to reflect each family's priorities and concerns.
- Early intervention works best when service providers support the family through coaching and collaboration to help their young child learn and grow.
Children, from birth through 35 months, who have a developmental delay or an established condition that is known to lead to potential delays.
- Service Coordination
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech-Language therapies
- Special Instruction (Developmental Services)
- Assistive Technology
- Other services individualized to the child and family
All services are provided within the child's natural environment. We will team with the family to develop interventions that will work as part of their everyday routines and activities. This may include the child's home, daycare, park, playground, or community play group.
How to Begin
Anyone with concerns about a child who lives in Norfolk may refer him or her to the Infant and Toddler Connection of Norfolk. All families begin with a phone call to 757-441-1186.
We will gather basic information and schedule you for an intake with a Service Coordinator. Please see more information by visiting our Intake and Service Coordination web page.
For families who live outside of Norfolk, please call 1-800-234-1448, or visit Infant and Toddler Connection of Virginia.
Robin Hood Road Child & Youth Services
5505 Robin Hood Rd, Suite C-1
Norfolk, VA 23513