Fill Permit

Fill permits are required when filling or grading any areas within the City through the Public Works Department. To review the specific City codes regarding fill permits visit Norfolk's Municode site. Fill permit codes are addressed in 42-20.2 and 42-20.3, Filling of Chesapeake Bay Preservation Areas.


Fill out the City's current fill permit application (PDF). This application must be approved prior to construction.