How You Can Help
Financial support for the non-profit Friends of Norfolk Animal Care Center is greatly appreciated and can be made on its website, where you can also find the shelter’s Amazon Wishlist.
Financial contributions help support the best care possible for the animals in the shelter and in the community. Our goal is to help keep pets in their homes and -- if that is not possible -- to find them new homes. Donated funds subsidize medical treatment for shelter animals with serious injuries as well as pet retention resources for low-income pet owners in our community.
Norfolk Animal Care Center offers numerous programs and partnerships designed to help pets in the shelter, in the community, and at home. Your donations will be used to provide these pets the extra attention and care they need and deserve and will directly help the shelter on its lifesaving journey.
While you’re out shopping for your pet, shop for a pet in need!
Needed shelter items include:
- Canned/dry food and treats for cats and dogs
- Liquid formula such as KMR and Esbilac for kittens and puppies
- New and gently used collars, harnesses and leashes, including slip leads (all sizes)
- Washable, durable pet toys (cat and dog), stuffed animals, catnip, tennis balls, "Kong" Toys, and Peanut Butter
- Kiddie pools (for summertime wading)
- Treat dispensing toys
- Stainless steel dishes and bowls (tip-proof, any size)
- New or gently used carriers, crates, and exercise pens
- New and gently used dog houses
- Dog and cat nail clippers
- Newspapers for lining cages
- Paper towels
- Blankets, comforters, towels (no sheets)
- Fencing Assistance Program materials: This program helps to get dogs off tethers and keep families together.
- New and gently used fencing materials
- Tools (hammers, utility tools, power tools, shovels, nails, screws etc.)