AM Cat and Small Animal Cleaning
Cleaning and feeding the cats and small animals before opening to the public for the day.
AM Dog Indoor Kennels & Outdoor Dog Runs
Assisting staff with cleaning the indoor dog kennels and cleaning the outdoor dog runs after the dogs eat breakfast. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys a morning workout.
Continuing Care Dogs
Walk, play with, and clean up after dogs in the shelter.
Continuing Care Cats
Socialize and play with felines and smaller animal friends in the shelter.
Directly influences the organization's reputation for being a clean, safe shelter for the City's homeless and helpless animals. Duties will include attending to the shelter's housekeeping and/or grounds maintenance needs. This position is great for some who prefers working "behind the scenes"!
Showcase your photography skills to support NACC's staff in their efforts to boost the adoptability of the shelter animals. Photographers will be taking attention-grabbing photos of our shelter animals, editing them to meet the organization's management software parameters, and submitting them to staff in a timely manner.
Bring your group to volunteer at the shelter. Three -six person accommodations are available. Registration required.
Court Ordered Community Service
Thank you for your interest in helping our shelter through your court ordered community service time! Community service volunteers are accepted on a case by case basis. After submitting your application, you will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator as to whether we are able to accommodate your request.
- The COCSV applicant will need to submit a copy of their court order and a copy of their photo ID in order to be considered.
- All COCSV applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- COCSV will be accepted on a case by case basis and the volunteer coordinator will reach out to the probation officer or case manager prior to decision making.
- Only traffic related charges will be accepted. Individuals must also not have a history of being charged with or convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment.
- COCSV will not be handling any animals and most of the tasks assigned at the shelter will be cleaning, washing dishes, doing laundry, sweeping, mopping, trash removal, etc.