Parking City Code Citation Information
Code of Ordinances / Chapter 25 - Motor Vehicle Code
- Where payment remains unpaid for thirty (30) or more calendar days, the above-specified penalties shall be increased by fifty dollars ($50.00).
- Where payment remains unpaid for ninety (90) or more calendar days, the above-specified penalties shall be further increased by twenty dollars ($20.00).
- Where payment remains unpaid for one hundred fifteen (115) or more calendar days, the above-specified penalties shall be further increased by twenty dollars ($20.00) for fees related to initiating a department of motor vehicles hold.
- Should a delinquent payment be eligible for the commonwealth's tax intercept program, the above-specified penalties shall be further increased by twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for fees related to the tax intercept program.
- After a vehicle has been towed for three (3) or more unpaid parking tickets, an administration towing fee of ten dollars ($10.00) will be collected prior to authorizing release of the vehicle towed.
- Where payment remains unpaid for longer than thirty (30) days, the above-specified penalties may be collected and accounted for by a contracted official body compensated by the city. Every action to collect unpaid parking citation penalties imposed for violation of a provision in this chapter shall be commenced within three (3) years of the date upon which such penalty became delinquent.
- If payment for the violation of any of the provisions of this chapter is paid with a personal check which is returned unpaid by the banking institution upon which it is drawn with the notation that the account upon which it is drawn has insufficient funds or has been closed or that the drawer has no account with that bank, the violator shall be charged a fee of thirty-five dollars ($35.00) in addition to the penalty already imposed. This additional fee must be paid by the violator in addition to the penalty for any outstanding parking violations and shall not be dismissed or set aside.
- The failure of such owner to make payment within the appropriate time shall, upon conviction of such parking violation, renders such owner subject to a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25.00) and not more than one hundred dollars ($100.00) in addition to the penalty prescribed in this section and any other penalties as provided by law.
- In addition, any such owner who has three (3) or more outstanding unpaid or otherwise unsettled parking violation notices shall be subject to the removal and immobilization procedures as set forth in Chapter 25.
- Any person desiring to contest a parking citation for which no date for court appearance is specified on the citation shall appear in person at the parking ticket office within thirty (30) days of the issuance of said citation to register his/her intent to contest the violation. Failure to initiate action within thirty (30) days shall constitute a waiver and the matter shall proceed for collection.
- Upon proper notification, the parking administration unit, or other authorized person, shall cause a notice to be issued which will summons the person to appear before the general district court on an appointed date. Signing of the notice by the person contesting the parking citation shall constitute acknowledgement of receipt of the notice. Notice of such action shall be certified in writing on an appropriate form to the general district court.