Funeral arrangements are by appointment only. Masks are required in our offices. We require notice 48 hours prior to the service to better service you and the family. Please call 757-441-1752.
NO WALK-IN SERVICES. For grave location help, call us or download our grave location app at www.norfolk.gov/cemeteries.
To align with the governor’s estrictions for social distancing:
• Graveside/committal services are considered religious ceremonies for which there is no gathering limit. Masks and 6 feet of social distance are required..
• 3-person limit per family making funeral arrangements inside the cemetery office.
• Only one family at a time will be served in cemetery offices.
To align with the Virginia Cemetery Association, the following will become effective as of Saturday, March 28.
• The Bureau of Cemeteries will not be use tents for services until further notice. The presence of a tent encourages people to gather under them and also provides additional surfaces where the virus may be transferred to family members as well as cemetery and funeral home staff members.
• 3 chairs will be put out at services until further notice. Chairs encourage people to sit shoulder to shoulder which does not allow for six feet of social distancing.