NORFOLK, VA – The City of Norfolk’s government offices, libraries and recreation centers will close Monday – Wednesday, December 23 – 25, in observance of the Christmas holiday and Wednesday, January 1, for New Year’s Day. The closure includes the offices of the Commissioner of the Revenue, DMV Select and City Treasurer.
The Norfolk Courthouse will be closed December 24-26 and December 31 – January 1.
Revised Christmas trash and recycling collection schedule:
- Trash and recycling pickup for Wednesday, December 25 rescheduled to Saturday, December 28.
- Schedule bulk waste collection for December 24 by 3:00 p.m. Friday, December 20.
- Schedule bulk waste collection for December 25 by 3:00 p.m. Friday, December 27. Crews will pick up on Saturday, December 28.
Revised New Year’s Day trash and recycling collection schedule:
- Trash and recycling pickup for Wednesday, January 1 rescheduled to Saturday, January 4
- Schedule bulk waste collection for January 1 by 3:00 p.m. Friday, January 3.
Ready to toss your tree? Place natural trees, with decorations removed, to the curb on your trash collection day. Residents can also drop off their natural trees to Waste Management 1176 Pineridge Road, Monday – Friday, December 26 – January 31 from 10:00 a.m. – 2: 00 p.m.
Artificial trees must be scheduled for a bulk-waste pick up or placed in the trash can.
Street sweeping for the holidays is weather dependent. Street sweeping scheduled for the 4th Tuesday will take place on Monday, December 23. Street sweeping for the 1st Wednesday of the month will take place Tuesday, December 31.
For more information on the street sweeping schedule, visit https://www.norfolk.gov/1080/Street-Sweeping-Calendar