The bureau maintains information necessary to administer benefit payments to members, performs accounting and payroll tasks according to federal and state regulations pertaining to qualified pension funds, and provides retirement and death benefits to the system membership in accordance with Chapter 37 of the Norfolk City Code.
Expanded Deferred Retirement Option Program
(DROP for ALL NERS MEMBERS)
Norfolk Employees’ Retirement System (NERS) Receives 17th Consecutive Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
This award serves to speak highly of our staff and their commitment to excellence in financial reporting. Our members can be confident that their retirement fund is soundly managed and that we are accountable stewards of the funds in our care.
Click here to view the award-winning NERS Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
NERS Annual Financial Reports
NERS “KNOW 2 ASK” Series
Basic information needed to empower you to ask important retirement-related questions. Knowing who and what to ask is the key.
Pre-Retirement Frequently Asked Questions
- City of Norfolk Employee Retirement Benefit Estimator
- PeopleSoft Self-Service
- Self-Service Forgot My Password Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Log in Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service View Paycheck Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Change of Address Instructions(PDF)
- Retiree PeopleSoft Self-Service Benefits Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
Forms & Notices
View the different forms and notices.