- City Council
- Andria P. McClellan
Andria P. McClellan
Andria P. McClellan, Superward 6
Email Andria McClellan
Andria P. McClellan was elected to City Council on May 3, 2016, to represent Superward 6 (PDF).
Ms. McClellan graduated from Green Run High School. She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia, after which she began her career in sales and marketing, working for two Fortune 500 companies. Ms. McClellan graduated from the Wharton Management Program at the University of Pennsylvania in 1996 and then ran two small businesses before returning to Hampton Roads.
Ms. McClellan is currently the Chair of the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission, where she serves as Chair of its Coastal Resilience Subcommittee and its Legislative Committee. She is the Chair of the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads (HRT), where she serves as the Chair of the Smart Cities & Innovation Committee. Ms. McClellan also serves as the Vice Chair of the Southside Network Authority, the region’s broadband ring initiative. She co-chairs the Mayor’s Commission on Social Equity and Economic Opportunity. From 2018-2019, she co-chaired the Mayor’s Commission on Climate Change Mitigation & Adaptation, creating the region’s first ever Climate Action Plan. Ms. McClellan has also been appointed to the Virginia Joint Sub-Committee on Coastal Flooding and the Local Government Advisory Committee of the Chesapeake Bay Program. She also serves on the Virginia Municipal League’s Environmental Quality Policy Committee.
Additionally, she is a current board member of the CIVIC Leadership Institute, Elizabeth River Trail Foundation, 757 Angels, 757 Accelerate, Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership, UVA Center for Politics, and the Democratic Business Alliance of South Hampton Roads. Ms. McClellan created the annual Engage Norfolk event in 2017, which encourages civic engagement throughout the city and region. She was also tapped in 2016 to be a member of the NewDEAL Leaders, a national organization of pro-growth progressive state and local elected officials.
Ms. McClellan currently resides in Ghent with her three sons and husband, Mike. Ms. McClellan is a member of the Ghent Neighborhood League and Christ & St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
#ADayInTheLife COVID-19 Video Interviews
As we all continue to stay safe at home, many people in the community are adapting their work and responding to COVID-19 in new and innovative ways. In a series of short videos, Councilwoman Andria McClellan interviews people working on the front line of the crisis to share what "a day in the life" looks like for them.
Follow Andria’s YouTube channel for new interviews.
- Norfolk High School Teacher, Katie Arroyo
- USPS Carrier, Steve
- Emergency Room, Dr. Kathleen Anderson
- Norfolk Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Stephanie Ramsey
- Café Stella Owner Stella Pomianek
- Faith Deliverance Christian Center Dr. Sharon Riley
- YWCA President and CEO Dr. Mary Kate Andris
- HRT Bus Driver Kelvin White
- Norfolk Sheriff Joe Baron
- Teens With a Purpose Executive Director Deirdre Love
- Talking Trash with Asst. Superintendent Jasmine Latimer
- Corona Aid 757 Member Shannon Lionetti
- Norfolk Animal Care Center Bureau manager Michelle Dosson
- PrimePlus Senior Center Executive Director Bob Batcher
- Elizabeth River Trail Executive Director Cheryl White
- Amazon Warehouse Asst. Manager Nisha Witt
- COVID-19 Mask Force Founder CJ Robinson
- Downtown Norfolk Council President/CEO Mary Miller
- Arts for Learning CEO Christine Everly
- Norfolk Health Director Dr. Demetria Lindsay