Recreation, Parks & Open Space
Broad Creek Legacy Park Ribbon Cutting - May 15 at 11 a.m.
The following recreation centers and indoor pools are open, effective March 1.
- Huntersville Community Center
- Lambert's Point Community Center
- Berkley Community Center
- East Ocean View Community Center
- Norview Community Center
- Norfolk Fitness and Wellness Center
- Southside Aquatics Center
- Huntersville Pool*
- Northside Pool
- Face masks are REQUIRED in all RPOS facilities and offices.
- Playgrounds, basketball courts and picnic shelters are open but they are not sanitized or disinfected. Stay Healthy! Practice good hygiene & hand washing after use.
- Picnic shelters in city-wide parks are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and are not being permitted at this time.
- Outdoor pools, and splash pads will remain closed until further notice.
- School parks will remain closed until further notice.
- City-wide boat ramps are open.
- Northside skate park, neighborhood parks and public tennis courts are open
Kayak Launch Update
- The Lavalette Kayak Launch has been removed due to water damage.
The city reopened public restrooms. The following restrictions remain in place:
- Keep 6 feet apart – unless family
- No gatherings of more than 250 people
- No group sports (football, soccer, volleyball, etc.)
- No alcohol
- No tents or groups of umbrellas
Lifeguards are on duty at Ocean View Beach only. Beachgoers at Sarah Constant Beach and Community Beach Park must swim at their own risk. Trash collection on the beach will continue. Norfolk Police will continue their beach patrols. Beachgoers are encouraged to lock their vehicles and to keep bags and other valuables out of plain sight in their cars.
For more information on COVID-19 city operations, visit Norfolk.gov/COVID19.
Norfolk’s Department of Recreation, Parks and Open Space is proud to announce its national accreditation by the Commission for Accreditation of Parks and Recreation Agencies. This ensures we will continue to provide quality recreational services that enrich the lives of Norfolk’s residents.
Virtual Activities - Downloads
Combine all of the sheets to create one poster.
- FY 2020 RPOS Annual Report (PDF)
- Overview of the Department of Recreation, Parks and Open Space (RPOS) structure (PPT). Physical copies are available for public review at each department facility.