Keep Norfolk Beautiful
Keep Norfolk Beautiful works to lead our community to reduce litter, recycle right, and beautify Norfolk through education and volunteerism. These efforts help support clean, safe, and resilient neighborhoods.
Litterati City Fingerprint Project
The global litter data science company, Litterati, has selected the City of Norfolk, along with Hayward, CA and Memphis, TN, to participate in the exciting new City Fingerprint Project using the Analyze platform! Analyze utilizes a data science approach to develop a litter composite baseline throughout certain sections of the city, including commercial corridors or illegal dumping hotspots. In turn, this provides government partners with the who, what, where and when on litter to better develop prevention strategies. Keep Norfolk Beautiful looks forward to the partnership and strongly believes this will improve our efforts to create a litter free Norfolk. For more information on Litterati, visit litterati.org now.
Yard Sign Giveaway!
Are you tired of litter at your neighborhood or business? KNB can provide you with FREE Litter Free Norfolk Yard signs! Yard sign locations must be approved by KNB and must not be placed in City ROW. To request a yard sign, e-mail email@example.com. Pick-up is available at our office, but please call in advance to schedule.
Recycle Right Magnet and Bin Stickers
- FREE magnets and full-page recycling stickers are available to Norfolk residents.
- FREE laminated signs and full-page recycling stickers are available to Norfolk businesses and organizations.
- Get a free magnet, curbside recycling bin sticker, or laminated sign mailed to you!
Green Bucket Brigade
The Green Bucket Brigade is the City of Norfolk's newest litter task force!
- Register for the Green Bucket Brigade.
- For current participants, report your Green Bucket Brigade cleanups.
Jam’n Jamz - January 29th, 2022
Every January Friends of Norfolk’s Environment, with Keep Norfolk Beautiful, the Department of Environmental Storm Water, and Recreation Parks and Open Space, distributes free fruit and nut trees. This free event for Norfolk residents helps to increase the City's tree canopy and enhance the quality of our local community and environment!
- Location: Lafayette Park
- Turn off Granby St onto Lavalette Avenue and enter the park by the tennis courts.
- Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Interested in volunteering? Email today, space is limited!
Have a question? Email Friends of Norfolk's Environment.
- Catch up on all things KNB! KNB gives thanks to our volunteers and their work to support clean, safe, and resilient neighborhoods in Norfolk. In addition, don't miss an update on the Special Waste Collection Event, Litterati's City Fingerprint Project, and tips for zero waste holidays.
- 2021 Recycling Calendar
- Never miss a recycling pickup day with this helpful calendar.
- Pet Waste Station Adopters Bag Request
- Use this form to request bags for your pet waste station.
- Interested in adopting a pet waste station? Learn more at AskHRGreen.org.
- Let us help with your community beautification projects. Use this form to register your event, borrow garden tools, and get help recruiting volunteers.
- E-cycling Information
- Learn more about acceptable electronic waste and where to take it.
- Document Shredding Information
- Learn more about the City's document shredding services.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Find out what is acceptable household hazardous waste and where to take it.