Keep Norfolk Beautiful
Keep Norfolk Beautiful works to lead our community to reduce litter, recycle right, and beautify Norfolk through education and volunteerism. These efforts help support clean, safe, and resilient neighborhoods.
International Coastal Cleanup, September 18th - October 23rd.
In partnership with the Ocean Conservancy, join Keep Norfolk Beautiful for the 2021 International Coastal Cleanup (ICC)! The ICC aims to engage volunteers to clean-up our world’s beaches and waterways, as well as collect valuable data to help combat marine debris and plastic pollution. Since its inception, over 16 million volunteers have collected more than 340 million pounds of trash. In Norfolk, you can participate in the ICC by joining a KNB led event, or through planning your own cleanup. For any questions regarding the ICC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-441-1347.
Special Waste Collection Event - November 13th
- Drive-thru or walk-up to this free drop-off event for Norfolk residents to help properly dispose of household hazardous waste, electronics, documents for shredding, and plastic bags. Friends of Norfolk's Environment will also be giving away free trees and bushes, while they last.
- Learn more about what will be accepted.
- Questions? Email the Coordinator!
Skip the Straw, September 5th - October 2nd
- Norfolk restaurants, food trucks, and food vendors can participate in our Skip the Straw challenge this fall. Have staff ask if one is needed or wait to be asked. Register your business to receive free window clings and table tents to promote the challenge. Your business will also be highlighted on KNB social media!
- Register Today!
- During the campaign, Norfolk residents can Skip the Straw for a chance to win a prize! Share a picture of you skipping the straw on Facebook or Instagram. Each picture tagged with @KeepNorfolkBeautiful and the business is a raffle entry!
Yard Sign Giveaway!
Are you tired of litter at your neighborhood or business? KNB can provide you with FREE Litter Free Norfolk Yard signs! Yard sign locations must be approved by KNB and must not be placed in City ROW. To request a yard sign, e-mail email@example.com. Pick-up is available at our office, but please call in advance to schedule.
Green Bucket Brigade
The Green Bucket Brigade is the City of Norfolk's newest litter task force! The program is currently piloting with residents and businesses. Registration will reopen as more buckets become available.
- Register for the Green Bucket Brigade.
- For current participants, report your Green Bucket Brigade cleanups.
- Catch up on all things KNB! As summer comes to an end, you can still love our beaches and keep Norfolk litter free. Join us for the Skip the Straw campaign and International Coastal Cleanup, where you can volunteer as a site leader. Also, don't miss an update on upcoming volunteer opportunities and KNB summer happenings.
- 2021 Recycling Calendar
- Never miss a recycling pickup day with this helpful calendar.
- Pet Waste Station Adopters Bag Request
- Use this form to request bags for your pet waste station.
- Interested in adopting a pet waste station? Learn more at AskHRGreen.org.
- Let us help with your community beautification projects. Use this form to register your event, borrow garden tools, and get help recruiting volunteers.
- E-cycling Information
- Learn more about acceptable electronic waste and where to take it.
- Document Shredding Information
- Learn more about the City's document shredding services.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Find out what is acceptable household hazardous waste and where to take it.